- Whip the butter with a electrical mixer fluffy. Slowly pour in the icing sugar.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl floating in a warm water bath, the water should be kept well below boiling point.
- When the chocolate is completely melted, whisk in the egg yolks and the fresh cream.
- Let it cool down a littels and than add the mixture to the sweetened butter.
- Add the local rum, 2 oz should be enough but if you really like the rum taste you could be a bit more generous.
- Transfer the mixture to a piping bag and pipe out little dollops on a tray covered with wax paper. Place the tray in a freezer.
- Allow the truffles to get hard for a minimum of two hours, than take them of the tray and roll them through bitter cocoa powder.
These truffles are a delicious replacement for a dessert. They should be served with a nice cup of Guatemalan coffee and the after dinner liqueur of your choice.