What would you like to read about?
Last Updated August 22, 2022
Chaa Creek update as of July 5th, 2021:
We're happy to inform you that 100% of the Chaa Creek team have already been vaccinated, leading the way in the safe and responsible reopening of travel to Belize.
Statement from The Lodge at Chaa Creek: Belize COVID-19 Update
In the forty years that The Lodge at Chaa Creek has been sharing our rainforest home with thousands of guests from all over the world, we’ve experienced any number of challenges. And, as dramatic as this new global pandemic has been, one thing remains constant – our commitment to ensuring the wellbeing of our guests, staff, and local communities.
The high standards and practices we already had in place made it easy to become certified as a Belize Tourism Board Tourism Gold Standard ecoresort and tour operator. From the moment we greet our guests at the airport, to contactless check ins, enhanced hygienic protocols, specialized staff training and other practices, all overseen by a dedicated Health and Safety Manager on duty 24/7, we’re well prepared to meet any new challenges that may arise.
Set within a 400-acre private nature reserve with the rainforest and Macal River continually refreshing the air, Chaa Creek’s nature-based vacations encourage healthy activities, while our farm-to-table dining and Hilltop Spa contribute to a wholesome visit.
And rest assured that we will continue to liaise with our tourism and travel colleagues, airlines, Belize’s Ministry of Health, the US Center for Disease Control and other authorities to make sure we have the most up-to-date information and resources to offer our guests the safest, most worry-free and enjoyable vacations possible. That’s our commitment to you.
All of us here at Chaa Creek look forward to welcoming you to our rainforest paradise, and please feel free to contact us directly with any questions or concerns you may have.
Sincerely, Mick and Lucy Fleming – Chaa Creek’s Founders
Chaa Creek Cares Program
Our Health and Safety Commitment
- Health and safety officer on duty
- COVID-19 training manual for department heads and staff
- Onsite Emergency Medical Technician
- Cleaning and Disinfecting: recurrent with emphasis on all high touch surfaces
- Hand antiseptic stations will be provided around property (3M Hospital Grade)
- Frequent sanitation protocols of kitchens and restrooms will be strictly adhered to utilizing 3M hospital grade products
- Restaurant and bar: more space between indoor tables and outside dinning venues
- Rooms and Villas: hard surfaces, door handles, desks, tables, chairs, light switches, lamps disinfected daily (3M Hospital Grade)
- Hand wipes and sanitizers in all tour vehicles
- All vehicles shall be disinfected properly after passengers disembark and before new riders embark with professional 3M products.
- Private Transfers, Tours and Activities always available
The Lodge at Chaa Creek is Gold Standard Certified Property
The Belize Tourism Board has launched the “Tourism Gold Standard
” Recognition Program for hotels in the country. This 9-point program seeks to enhance the tourism industry’s health and safety standards by adapting new behaviours and procedures to ensure both employees and travellers are confident in the cleanliness and safety of Belize’s tourism product.
To be a part of the Gold Standard Certification, we have the following in place:
- Appointing a “Gold Standard Program Manager” to implement protocols and ensure compliance
- Daily health and temperature checks for guests and employees
- Social distancing and the use of face masks while in public spaces
- Enhanced room cleaning and increase sanitization of public spaces and high touch surfaces;
- Designated ‘Isolation/Quarantine rooms’ for suspected Covid-19 cases and action plans for handling suspected employees or guests.
- Establishing a clear & consistent communication for frequent feedback with employees and guests; relating to the protocols and their impact
- Hand sanitizing stations across the property
- Online check-in/out, contactless payment systems, and automated ordering/booking systems
- Training staff to ensure they are prepared to manage and implement the new protocols based on their role/s
We encourage our guests to purchase Travel Insurance to cover against cancellation or date changes in unforeseen circumstances including COVID19 related cancellations.
To confirm your booking a deposit of 50% is required immediately, full payment must be received within 30 days prior to arrival.
- Cancellations received 60days or more prior to arrival a full refund less $75.00USD + 12.5% General Sales Tax processing fee per room.
- Cancellations received within 45 to 59 days prior to arrival receive a 50% refund per room.
- Cancellations received 45 days or less prior to arrival receive no refund.
- No refunds will be given for unused package portions, accommodations, meals, transfers or tours during your stay.
- No refunds will be given for unused hotel rooms, meals, sightseeing, or tours. Land cost is quoted as a package and credits are not given for services not used.
Visiting Belize - COVID19 Updates and Protocols
New Updates as of July 12 2022:
- Everything is fully reopened, with no restrictions!
- Vaccination is no longer mandatory
- Mask wearing is no longer mandated in outdoor spaces. Don't leave your masks at home because private establishments can still require them
- Departure Testing is no longer required for US-bound air travelers starting on June 12
- Bars and Nightclubs are now allowed to operate, restaurants are fully reopen
- NO TESTING is required for entry as of July 12 regardless of vaccination status
- Effective July 12, 2022, all Foreign Tourists entering Belize will have the option to purchase the Belize travel insurance. It is no longer mandatory
- On July 12, the new Statutory Instrument #100, repealed all the public health measures
Stay Tuned For Updates
These are important new changes. We’re confident that the Government of Belize, the Ministry of Health and Belize Tourism Board are doing their best to balance health and safety concerns with your freedom to enjoy a relaxing, carefree Belize vacation.
We appreciate how comforting being surrounded by pristine nature while enjoying casually luxurious lodgings, amenities, activities and dining can be right now, and the Fleming Family, along with Chaa Creek’s managers and staff, are all looking forward to welcoming guests to our little slice of paradise.
We’ll continue to provide updates on our website, and invite you to check in regularly for information and inspiration. For now, wherever you are, please look after yourselves and each other, and stay well.
Just like the ancient Maya temples and lush rainforests that surround us, we plan on being around for a long time – and will be here waiting to welcome you.