The Lodge At Chaa Creek Rainforest Reserve, Adventure Centre, and Spa is located along banks of the Macal River, in the foothill of the Maya Mountains, only a short drive from San Ignacio Town.
At the airport, ask the rental agency for a map. It takes about 2 hours to get from the Belize International Airport to Chaa Creek.
1. Drive out from the airport to the Northern Highway. Take a right at the insersection on the northern highway south, heading to Belize city.
2. Upon entering Belize city you will come upon a roundabout with a flag monument, take a right and over the BelCan bridge. You will be on Central American Boulevard.
3. Stay on Central American Boulevard until you see a gas station on your left and another (smaller) roundabout. Make a right here and you will be on the Western Highway. You will be on the western highway for about 68 1/2 miles before entering the twin towns of San Ignacio & Santa Elena.
4. After entering Santa Elena town you will pass CP gas station on your right. You will take the third right after the gas station; there is a Social Security building on the corner.
5. Follow the "Diversion" signs which will lead you over a low wooden bridge into San Ignacio town.
6. Make a left after crossing the bridge. You will pass the bus terminals and come to an intersection.
7. At the intersection, take the street that is immediately to the left of the bright yellow "Courts" building.
8. Drive straight up the hill until you come upon a newly built roundabout. When you reach the roundabout, make a right to get back on the Western Highway leading to the Guatemalan border.
9. Continue on the Western Highway for about 6 miles, keeping a look out for the Chaa Creek sign on the right side of the road.
10. Make a left on the Chial Road (a dirt road) - there is a concrete bus stop at the roadside.
11. Follow this road, and the Chaa Creek signs, for three and a half miles up to the Chaa Creek property.