Kindly note that the confirmation invoice reflects charges in US Dollars.
We encourage our guests to purchase Travel Insurance to cover against cancellation or date changes in unforeseen circumstances, as we are unable to refund payments for reservations within 45 days prior to arrival.
- To confirm your booking a deposit of 50% is required immediately, full payment must be received within 30 days prior to arrival.
- Cancellations received within 60 days of arrival receive a full refund less $75.00USD + 12.5% General Sales Tax processing fee per room.
- Cancellations received within 45 days of arrival receive a 50% refund per room. Cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival receive no refund.
- No refunds will be given for unused package portions, accommodations, meals, transfers or tours during your stay.
- No refunds will be given for unused hotel rooms, meals, sightseeing, or tours. Land cost is quoted as a package and credits are not given for services not used.
- If you have confirmed one of our Inland Expedition packages, please be reminded that this package does not include the entrance/guide fees applicable to the tours you decide to take.
- To view a list of the available tours and the applicable fees please visit the following page on our website: Tours & Activities Rates
- Also note that The Lodge at Chaa Creek cannot guarantee that the fees will not change since we have no control over these and we merely pay them as a service to our guests.
- Your credit card company may have additional charges for foreign transactions.
- There may be credit card, and BANK CHARGES/EXCHANGE RATE CHARGES added to the balance authorized for credit card charges.
- Please note that we do not have any control over these charges which they make directly to you. We charge only the amount that you authorize to us.
- We accept VISA, MASTER CARD, AMERICAN EXPRESS, and DISCOVER CARD for payments.
- Please note that for AMEX card charges which must be transacted in Belize dollars our exchange rate is $2.00 Belize Dollars to one US Dollar. Thus for AMEX cards we convert the amount you authorize to us into Belize dollars.
- The best way to avoid these charges and indeed obtain a small savings is to spend payment by check.
The following are Entry requirements:
- Visitors to Belize must possess a passport that is valid for at least three months after the date of arrival and a return ticket with sufficient funds to cover their stay.
Traveling with Children:
- Children under 18 years of age must have proper documentation including a valid passport and letter of parental consent. Children traveling with one parent require a notarized letter of authority from the other parent indicating travel consent.
- When traveling with adults other than parents, must hold an original notarized letter of authorization signed by both parents;
- Adopted minors traveling with both parents must hold custody papers if child's name is different from those of the adopting parents;
- When traveling unaccompanied must hold proof of purpose of travel (address, contact person in Belize etc.), or must be met on arrival by parent/guardian holding proof thereof.